Pitti Bimbo Summer 2018 | Why should you attend?
Our Business Development Team is excited to attend the 85th edition of Pitti Bimbo, in Florence next week (22-24th of June)!
After spending several months connecting with kidswear brands around Europe, we are happy to discover the latest trends in the market and, of course, to have the opportunity to meet some new brands. Are you also going? Then don’t forget to book a meeting with Kristel & Robert to discuss how FashionTrade is disrupting the fashion industry and ensuring you meet all your business goals!
Are you still hesitating to go? Here all the things that should convince you to join us in Italy next week!
When: 22, 23 and 24 June
Where: Fortezza da Basso, Florence, Italy
How to get there? You can fly directly to Florence airport from most of the major European capitals. Are you on a budget? Fly to Pisa airport with a low cost company & then take the train to Florence – count 1.5 hour with an easy transfer in Pisa central station.
How big is it? 47,000 square meters | 538 international brands | 7,000 international buyers.
How much? €35 for visitors, price on demand for exhibitors.
Leading theme of this edition: BOOM, PITTI BLOOMS. ‘At Pitti Bimbo, new creative ideas will blossom just like flowers!’ (it sounds like FashionTrade!)
Why should you attend? Pitti Bimbo is one of the most sophisticated trade show you could visit. This event is not only about the best of kids fashion, but puts the emphasis on innovation & trends in fields as diverse as design, fabrics, social responsibilities or visual merchandising. It is a great show to connect with new consumers, but also to get inspired and bring plenty of fresh ideas to the office (perfect for the Summer!)
What’s new this year?
- The Nest: a space dedicated to creative research in kidswear on the lower level of the main pavilion. Small & up-and-coming curated companies will share their last projects and give you an insight into the future of kids fashion.
- An extended ‘Sport Generation’ space focusing on leisure & activewear products, a product category that has been booming in the last months, both for kids & grown-ups.
- PittiSmart: a super handy app that allows you to buy your tickets, check the latest events & orientate yourself within this gigantic space without wasting too much energy.
How hot is it? Around 30 degrees celcius… so don’t forget your most fashionable hat!
What to wear? Proud peacocks showing off is the dress code for Pitti Uomo (the Menswear version of Pitti), but we advise you to wear a comfortable, yet stylish, outfit!
How to stay hydrated (like a local)?
- Day time: drink a lot of ‘acqua gassata’ (sparkling water) with ice.
- Night time: try Negroni, a tipical florentine cocktail made of Gin, bitter Campari and Red Vermouth…
We hope this convinced you to join us in Florence! If you do so, don’t forget to get in touch with us for a meeting and of course a Negroni!
Are you going to another trade who in Europe? Check our full trade show calendar here.